• 03-5444-2888

Member's Area

for Dja Dja Wurrung Clan members, expressions of interest, verification card applications and access to authorisation orders


Members of the Dja Dja Wurrung Native Title full group whose names are on the DDW Native Title Full Group Register will be eligible for a VERIFICATION CARD.

The purpose of the verification card is to demonstrate a Dja Dja Wurrung person’s entitlement to exercise certain rights under the natural resources ‘authorisation orders’ that have been issued by the State government in accordance with the Recognition and Settlement Agreement.

To apply for a verification card, members can complete the “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST” form on this page as the initial stage of the required process. When approved, you will be required to complete an “APPLICATION FORM”.  Member’s can not access the application form until approved by a DDW administrator.

The authorisation orders entitle Dja Dja Wurrung people who carry the verification card to:

  • hunt certain species of animal;
  • fish for certain species of fish;
  • collect certain species of plant;
  • collect certain types of forest produce;
  • take water; and
  • to camp on certain areas of Crown land.

Application Form

  • (Home address – must be the same as the DDW Native Title Full Group Register, where applicable)
  • Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf.
  • I hereby apply for a Dja Dja Wurrung verification card from the Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (‘Corporation’) on the following conditions:

    • I declare that my name is on, or I am eligible to be included on, the Dja Dja Wurrung Native title Full Group Register as a Dja Dja Wurrung person (in accordance with the definition of ‘Dja Dja Wurrung’ in the Recognition and Settlement Agreement – see http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/home/your+rights/native+title/dja+dja+wurrung+settlement+commences or ask the Corporation).

    • In exercising my rights under the authorisation orders, I agree to abide by all of the obligations contained in the authorisation orders and any associated laws, including exercising my rights only in permitted areas and providing to the Corporation each calendar month details of:

    • numbers and types of plants or plant parts taken;

    • numbers and types of animals taken.

    • I acknowledge that I can only use the animals, fish, flora and water taken from the permitted areas of the agreement area for personal, domestic or non-commercial communal needs, unless I have been informed by the Corporation that I am able to take any of these things for a commercial purpose (forest produce and some species of flora may be used for a commercial purpose – please contact the Corporation for further detail if you wish to gather items for commercial use).

    • I acknowledge that I am required to carry my verification card with me whenever I exercise my rights under any of the authorisation orders, and that I must produce the verification card when requested to do so by an authorised officer of the State.

    • I agree that, although the Corporation may provide me with information about my rights and obligations under the authorisation orders, I will not seek to hold the Corporation responsible or liable, or I will not otherwise seek redress from the Corporation, where I breach my obligations under the authorisation orders or any associated laws and I am prosecuted by the State for any such breach.

    • I agree to notify the Corporation within 14 days of changing my residential address, so that the Corporation can continue to provide me with information relating to the authorisation orders.

  • Enter today's date