DJA DJA WURRUNG MEMBERS
Members of the Dja Dja Wurrung Native Title full group whose names are on the DDW Native Title Full Group Register will be eligible for a VERIFICATION CARD.
The purpose of the verification card is to demonstrate a Dja Dja Wurrung person’s entitlement to exercise certain rights under the natural resources ‘authorisation orders’ that have been issued by the State government in accordance with the Recognition and Settlement Agreement.
Dja Dja Wurrung Members who wish to view the authorisation orders must carry a verification card. To apply for a verification card, members can complete the “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST” form on this page.
The authorisation orders entitle Dja Dja Wurrung people who carry the verification card to:
- hunt certain species of animal;
- fish for certain species of fish;
- collect certain species of plant;
- collect certain types of forest produce;
- take water; and
- to camp on certain areas of Crown land.
1. VERIFICATION CARD – EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
There is a 2 stage process for members wishing to apply for a verification card.
- Members are required to fill out the Expression of Interest form below. A DDWCAC administrator will review and match your details against our membership database.
- Approved members will be emailed a username and password and are required to complete the Verification Card Application form.