Djandak, a traditional way of business
Our business Djandak (meaning Country) is core to achieving our goals of self-determination and improved community well-being through the development of a sustainable economic base.
Building on our strengths, we have competitive advantages through our culture, traditional knowledge of Country, asset base and rights to resources. These open up opportunities in the natural resources sector – through use of assets and resources with enterprises such as seed collection, carbon farming, kangaroo culling and apiary, and through the provision of natural resource management services such as revegetation, fire management and pest control.
There is also interest in the tourism sector. Dja Dja Wurrung people are very passionate about culture and see tourism as a pathway to tell our stories and share places of cultural significance, while providing much-needed employment opportunities.
Through Dja Dja Wurrung Enterprises Pty Ltd, we pursue these opportunities to develop our individual and collective skills, and strengthen our ability to deliver on the aspirations of the Dja Dja Wurrung community without compromising culture or community cohesion.
Djandak (Dja Wurrung Enterprises Pty Ltd) is a company solely owned by Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (DDWCAC). Dja Dja Wurrung Enterprises Pty Ltd main purpose is conducting works in cultural heritage and environmental services and supporting the regional investment in Central Victoria.
Djandak represents the rights and interests of the Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (DDWCAC). It works under the guidance of a Board to be a successful sustainable business and can be contracted to protect our lands, water, culture and people and promote Dja Dja Wurrung aspirations of economically independent.
Djandak has a work crew and cultural heritage experts who work independently, and with partners on a wide range of natural and cultural resource management projects from practical on-ground works through to traditional ecological knowledge gathering and cultural education activities.
Djandak provides a central point for clients, a high level of customer service and contract management expertise with quality product delivery in the following areas;
- Restoration and regeneration of landscapes
- Establishment of biodiversity corridors
- Landscaping and maintenance activities
- Environmental management plans
- Manage the impact of feral animals and pest plants
- Weed control
- Expert environmental consultancy.
- Cultural Heritage Advisors
- Cultural heritage assessments, education and protection works
- Traditional ecological knowledge gathering and cultural activities
- Welcome to Country and Smoking ceremony
- Corporate and community Cultural awareness workshops and on Country activities
- Site inspection and surveys as per Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Act and Dja Dja Wurrung Land Use Activity Agreements
- The development of Interpretative signage from content, design to install.
For information about our business’ please contact:
Telephone: (03) 5444 2888
Djandak invites you to contribute to the development of the Joint Management Plan through this interactive map survey. This knowledge will contribute the Joint Management Plan for the six parks that make up the Appointed Land held by the Dja Dja Wurrung People as Aboriginal Title. These parks will be jointly managed by Dja Dja Wurrung People and the Victorian Government, in partnership with communities.